Being a member of PhilHealth brings a lot of benefits not only for those who are presently living in the Philippines but also those working overseas. On the post below you will see what are the PhilHealth Benefits for Overseas Filipino Workers and who can avail those benefits.
This post addresses the Overseas Filipino Workers who are not yet members of PhilHealth. It is essential that an OFW must register as a member of PhilHealth so that he or she can avail the benefits and services of the agency and the dependents as well.
Read Here: How To Request Copy of PhilHealth Member Data Record (MDR) Online
Here are some of the PhilHealth benefits that a member can avail:
• Out-patient – surgeries and hospital confinements within the country are some of the benefits offered by PhilHealth to OFWs. It is not only the OFW-member who can take advantage of the benefits but also the dependents. The expenses during the period of hospital confinement will be shouldered by PhilHealth following the All Case Rate payment scheme.
• If the OFW member was confined in a hospital abroad, the medical expenses can be reimbursed. The OFW should process the documents for reimbursement within 180 days after discharge from the hospital. The documents should be submitted to any PhilHealth office in the Philippines. The dependent or a family member can submit the documents in behalf of the OFW.
• Qualified dependents can also avail the same benefits as with the OFW-member. This can be a great help for the family particularly for OFWs who are far from their families. It reduces the worries in case that a family member is sick. There’s no need to bother about the medical expenses as it will be paid for by PhilHealth.
• An OFW-member is also entitled to avail the Lifetime Membership upon reaching the retirement age. A Lifetime Membership is given provided that the member has paid 10 years of monthly premium. This means that you need not worry about your healthcare needs during the time that you’re vulnerable to sickness.
• All the expenses incurred as a result of hospitalization or surgical procedures are shouldered by PhilHealth. Members who are undergoing dialysis and cases of cancer can seek medical assistance from PhilHealth.
You may also want to know:
How to register for membership and ready to avail the PhilHealth Benefits
- If currently in the Philippines, visit the nearest PhilHealth Regional Office, Local Health Insurance Office, PhilHealth Business Center or PhilHealth Express outlet in your locality. (Check location here)
- If currently overseas,
a. Visit any branch of our accredited collecting partners iRemit and Ventaja Corporation (Check location here)
b. Access the Electronic Registration facility and follow the step-by-step procedure
c. You may download the PhilHealth Member Registration Form,
fill it out and email to [email protected]
If you’re an OFW or have a family member working abroad, you can visit the official website of PhilHealth for more information.
Leave a Reply