Incoming freshmen and college level students can now send their applications for the Commission on Higher Education (CHED) Scholarship for the School Year 2021-2022 through the Student Financial Assistance Programs (StuFAPs)
StuFAPs, as the name suggests, offers financial assistance to college students from authorized private and public Higher Education Institutions (HEIs). The program helps students with potential but do not have enough means to afford education.
Students who successfully met the requirements for CHED scholarships must be currently enrolled or shall enroll in any of the priority courses stated in CMO No.1 s.2014. Qualified beneficiaries will receive Php. 6,000.00 to Php. 15,000.00 per semester regardless of the program they take.
CHED Scholarships Qualifications
In order to qualify for CHED scholarship programs, an incoming freshman or college level student shall be
- A Filipino Citizen
- a candidate for Senior High School Graduation and/or a graduate; Senior High School Students who passed ALS/PEPT; existing college students who already earned units
- Incoming freshmen or college students whose parents/guardians’ have PHP 400,000.00 or less combined yearly gross income. In case the income exceeds the said amount, the CHEDRO StuFAPs Committee will determine the application’s merit points.
CHED Scholarships Requirements
For incoming freshmen, the requirements are as follows:
- Senior High School Graduates should present an original certificate of GWA or General Weighted Average from the school’s principal and a copy of their grades in Grade 12.
- Students who are a candidate for Senior High School Graduation shall have a GWA of not lower than 75%. They shall submit an original certificate of the GWA from the school’s principal and a photocopy of their grades in the first semester in Grade 12 as well as in the first and second semester in Grade 11
- Passers of Accreditation and Equivalency Tests shall submit a photocopy of the ALS test certificate or a certificate of rating for the secondary level from DepEd
- Passers of Philippine Educational Placement Test (PEPT) shall submit a photocopy of the certificate of rating for the secondary level and a diploma from DepEd
For college students, the requirements are as follows:
- Certificate of GWA in percentage from the institution’s registrar and a photocopy of grades in the subjects they have taken in the semesters they have completed.
Additional CHED Scholarship Requirements
Applicants for CHED Scholarship should also present a proof of income and a certificate of good moral character.
Proof of Income
For students whose parents work overseas or are seafarers, additional requirements are:
- Photocopy of either the latest copy of their work contract or proof of income
For students whose parents are staying or working in the Philippines, additional requirements are
- A photocopy of either the latest ITR or Income Tax Reports of parents or guardians, tax exemption certificate from the Bureau of Internal Revenue, a case study from DSWD, an affidavit that proves the parents have no income, or a certificate of indigency which can be acquired from the Barangay
Read: List of CHED Priority Courses for the CHED Scholarship 2021-2022
Certificate of Good Moral Character
This should be acquired from the Principal or Guidance Counselor of the last school attended.
How to Apply for CHED Scholarship Online
Interested CHED Scholarship applicants may apply online through each CHED Regional Offices listed below.
- CHEDRO I
- CHEDRO II
- CHEDRO III
- CHEDRO IV
- CHEDRO V
- CHEDRO VI
- CHEDRO VII
- CHEDRO VIII
- CHEDRO IX
- CHEDRO X
- CHEDRO XI
- CHEDRO XII
- CHED NCR
- CHED CAR
- CHED CARAGA
- CHED MIMAROPA
CHED Scholarship 2021 Application Process
- Make sure you meet all requirements.
- Your desired course should fit in the priority courses of CHED.
- Accomplish the Application Form 01 from StuFAPs
- Submit all the needed documents as well as the accomplished StuFAPs application form directly to the Regional Office of Ched. For those who are planning to enroll in State Universities and Colleges, the application shall be submitted directly to the concerned school.
Aspiring scholars can submit their application from July 01 to August 15, 2021. Ensure that you submit all the pertinent documentary requirements so you can be included in the selection of the scholarship beneficiaries.
Students who have queries related to CHED scholarships can send an inquiry to their e-mail [email protected] or contact them via (02) 988-0001