The Duterte government has made a lot of positive changes which benefit many Filipinos and one of these is the releasing of ID cards for OFWs. The releasing of the OFW cards enables an OFW to be accommodated to various government agencies with ease. SO if you are an OFW, you must get this because this is your chance to go through more efficient transactions for your needs.
Secretary Silvestre Bello III of the Department of Labor and Employment (DOLE) mentioned that this card is ‘the’ card for OFWs. He praises President Duterte for giving this to OFWs as this is very timely and many OFWs will benefit from it and they can use it for their transactions.
He added that the Philippine Overseas Employment Agency (POEA) has a centralized system wherein they have a list of the OFW names in (DOLE cloud) and it’s ready for printing. The ID cards of the OFWs will be delivered to their listed addresses.
The process is supposed to go on a dry-run which will last three months. It will be implemented via the Integrated Department of Labor and Employment (iDOLE). The card will be and Automated Employment Certificate (OEC), immigration and airport pass for OFWs.
Applying for the OFW card requires no fees so it’s really convenient for our Filipino workers who are short on budget and just making ends meet.
How do you apply for the card?
Your name as an OFW is already listed on the Official OFW list so DOLE will process you name and you don’t need to line-up to get your card because it will be sent to your address. But first, you need to get an iDOLE card from the DOLE office near you. You can also visit their website if you are out of the country.
- Head to the nearest DOLE office and bring two valid proof of identity (IDs) to get the iDOLE card
- You may also bring your OEC or Certificate of Employment for this transaction
- Go to the officer-in-charge and submit your application requirements
- Wait until your name gets processed which will take about two hours
- Go the window where the DOLE officer gives out the IDs they print after your name gets called
How to apply online for the card?
- The first step is to go to the website of DOLE (idole.ph) or their one-stop online facility portal and apply for the OFW card
- Create an account within the website or log-in if you already have an account
- Use you OEC Valid Number to sign-in
- You will then see the blue iDOLE One Stop Shop button
- Click on that button and click what type of delivery you want or choose the nearest POEA pick-up location to you
- Click on the proceed button
- You will be then given a reference number which you will use when getting your card
While there are some people lambasting President Duterte, he also knows how to help our OFWs who just fast and easy transactions. Many OFWs are pressed for time because when they go home to the Philippines they want to spend their time with their families so this card cuts the time of their transactions with the government allowing them to be with their family a lot during their vacation.
The process is easy for getting the OFW card that’s why OFWs should take this opportunity to apply for their cards right away. Are you an OFW who wants to avail of this? Get your card now!