Government-issued IDs such as SSS ID are important in claiming or processing transactions to both private and public institutions. What if you lost it due to some inevitable instances? You can always request for a replacement for your lost or damaged SSS UMID Card in any SSS Branch and can claim it after 1-2 weeks (Metro Manila) and 3-4 weeks (in other parts of the country). The following are guidelines on how to replace it:
- 1 primary ID card (Passport, Driver’s license, PRC or Seaman’s Book) or 2 secondary IDs which bear your correct name and at least one with your correct date of birth (Postal ID, Company or school ID, OWWA Card, Voter’s ID, NBI Clearance, etc.)
- Notarized affidavit of loss
- Fully accomplished SSS UMID card Replacement form
- Php200 for the UMID Card Replacement Fee
- After you’ve completed the requirements, you may proceed to your SSS servicing branch. Accomplish 4 copies of R-6 Miscellaneous Payment Form which is used to pay at the SSS Teller. Check the ID Social Security Card box and also write the Php200 amount in words.
- After accomplishing the form, get a ticket number to pay in the Teller Section. Only 2 copies of the R-6 Miscellaneous Payment Form shall be returned to you after you’ve paid.
- Once you have successfully finished for the replacement fee, submit the SSS UMID Card Application as well as the other requirements. Once your requirements have been verified, you can now proceed to the ID Capturing and Biometrics. The following rules should be followed when getting a photo for UMID:
– No wearing of make-up (male)
– No wearing of Sando (male)
– No wearing of sleeveless
– No wearing of a headband
– No wearing of eyeglasses/ contact lenses
– No wearing of necklace and earrings
– Ears must be visible
– The client should close his/her mouth
5. After completing all the necessary steps, you will be given an acknowledgment stub wherein written on it is the estimated date the card should be delivered to your mailing address. If you are not present, you can have an authorized person to get your UMID card. It may take less than or more than 3 months but when the estimated date of delivery passed by and did not receive the card, it’s better to check it with your SSS Servicing branch.
You may also read:
Leave a Reply