2018 Nursing Board Exam Schedule – All individuals who graduated BS in Nursing should take the Nurses Licensure Exam. This is a requirement to become a full-pledged nurse. Without the license, the individual would not be allowed to practice the job description of a nurse.
To help nursing graduates to acquire the license, the Professional Regulation Commission in collaboration with the Professional Regulatory Board for Nursing, the NLE is given twice a year. The Nurses Licensure Examination is held in June and November.
Schedule of Nurses Licensure Examination
Nursing graduates who were not able to take the June NLE can take the exam on November 17 and 18, 2018. The examination will be held at various testing centers identified by the regional offices throughout the Philippines. Applicants may file their applications online starting August 13, 2018 until October 12, 2018.
You may also want to know: NAPOLCOM Exam Schedule and Online Application 2018
Who qualifies for Nurses Licensure Examination?
As stated in the Philippine Nursing Act of 1991, Sec. 13, interested applicants for the NLE is qualified to take the exam once they meet the necessary eligibility requirements as follows:
- A bonafide Filipino citizen
- Must be 18 years old
- With good moral character and in good health
- A graduate of Bachelor of Science in Nursing from a recognized university or college
Nursing Board Exam Schedule Documentary requirements
First time applicants for the Nursing Licensure Exam should submit the required documents. But, prior of submitting the requirements, they should make first the online registration to get the appointment dates.
First time examinees must submit the following:
- PSA birth certificate (original and photocopy)
- Transcript of Records authenticated for board exam purposes and with scanned photos
- Female married applicants must also submit PSA marriage contract
- Summary of RLE, OR, and DR cases (delivery room handled – 3, minor scrubs – 3, cord dressing – 3, assisted – 3)
- Certificate of Undertaking (notarized)
- Php900.00 processing fee
The documentary requirements for NLE repeaters are the same with the first time examinees. But, they need not submit the summary for RLE, OR and DR cases. If the NLE repeater will take the complete exam, the processing fee is Php900, while for removal or conditional exam the fee is Php450.00.
How to register online for Nursing Board Exam Schedule?
No applicant can go directly to the PRC office without going through online registration. They should apply first for appointment prior of filing the application at the PRC office. They can get appointment by visiting the http://online1.prc.gov.ph . Through the PRC LERIS or the Licensure Examination and Registration Information System, the applicant can set an appointment.
Coverage of Nursing Board Examination
There are five categories included in the NLE such as the following:
- Nursing Practice 1 – Community Health Nursing
- Nursing Practice II – Care of At risk/healthy mother and child
- Nursing Practice III – Care for clients with psychosocial and physiologic alterations (Part A)
- Nursing Practice IV – Part B
- Nursing Practice V – Part C
Taking the NLE doesn’t only require knowledge, but also attitude and skills pertaining to the different major subject areas. These include maternal and child nursing, nursing of adolescents, aged, and adults, community health and communicable disease nursing, psychiatric and mental health nursing.
Nurses Licensure Examination Passing grade
To obtain the license for a full-pledged nurse, the examinee must obtain the passing rate of 75%. The examinee must not obtain below 60% rating in any subject. Otherwise, he or she will take the exam again.