Planning to visit a family member, a relative or a friend abroad?, you’ll be needing a type of visa called a Family Visit Visa. It doesn’t have a standard procedure of application though, it varies from country to country.
Here, we’ll show HOW to apply and obtain a Family Visit Visa in several countries:
Family Visit Visas can he obtained by residents (also called sponsors) whose monthly salary is (not going below)
AED 4,000 or AED 3,000 including accommodation.
You can also obtain it through:
1. Travel Agencies
4. U.A.E Airports
• Typed application form
• A copy of the sponsor’s passport and family member’s passport
• 1 photo of the family (may be required)
attested from Ministry of Foreign Affairs or UAE Embassy (for sponsoring a wife air husband)
• Attested birth certificates (for sponsoring children)
• Relationship proof attested from the Embassy (in case relationship cannot be proved from family names in sponsor and relative’s passport)
• Attested work contract if the sponsor is working in a private company or a salary certificate if working in government.
• Traveller Insurance
1. Go to any authorized typing office and get an application from typed.
2. In case or approves visa, you will receive a copy of the visa via your email and an SMS (text message) to this effect.
(For more information, visit DNDR website, or call Amer Toll Free service on
Requirement for Family Visit Visa in Saudi Arabia
1. You should have a valid original iqama with validity of atleast 90 days.
2. Copy of passport
3. Copy of passport of each member of your family you want to invite for Family Visit Visa.
4. You need an ACCEPTABLE PROFFESION to apply for family visit visa.
Note: Make it a point to search for the acceptable professions that they require)
If the profession of your visa is not listed in one of the professions listed in the list, you will have to go for a change of profession.
These persons can be invited on Family Visit Visa.
5. Father In Law
6. Mother In Law
To APPLY for a Family Visit Visa, fill an online application on the website of
Ministry of Foreign Affairs.
(Please make it a point to search for DETAILED guidelines in applying for a Family Visit Visa, to AVOID the things that can cause rejections in applying for this kind of visa.
Read Also: How To Apply For A Japan Multiple Entry Visa
Visiting a family member, a relative or a friend abroad may not that be easy as visiting a friend in a nearby street, but we know that it won’t discourage (and even stop you) from visiting that loved one, so it is important to know that ins and outs of applying for a Family Visit Visa.