Knowledge in driving is a useful skill that can be proud of, Driving can give you lots of job opportunity here and abroad. Planning to get an international drivers license here how. Please do follow the basic guide and steps on how to apply for Philippine International Driving Permit (PIDP).
Visit the Automobile Association Philippines (AAP) office near and bring the following requirements:
- Original and photocopy of Philippine Driver’s License with at least (1) year valid.
- White background of Two (2) pieces latest 2×2 colored ID photo.
- Foreign nationals, dual citizens and Filipino citizens born in other countries present the original passport plus photocopies of pages showing identification and date of the last arrival. A permanent resident must present a passport and Alien Certificate Registration ID together with requirements no. 1 and 2.
- PHP 1,800 Total fees as follows:
PHP 300 – AAP Joining Fee*
PHP 1,200 – AAP Annual Registration
PHP 300 – PIDP Processing Fee
Note: Overseas Filipino Workers is waived in PHP 300 joining fee all you have to do is to present any valid POEA ID, Seaman’s passport or employment contract abroad.
READ ALSO : HOW TO GET YOUR STUDENT DRIVERS LICENSE
Expiration and validity period:
- License with more than 1 year – PIDP is valid for 1 year
- License with less than 1 year – PIDP will be valid same as your license expiration
* If you’re outside the country your PIDP can also renew via online by visiting the AAP website but need to present the card type Philippine license before the expired date, And if you presented only the temporary license you must present the photocopy of your license along with Land Transportation Office (LTO) certification and Official Receipt (OR).