The requirements and process of getting a student drivers license.
Travelling is one of the most rewarding moments especially among young professionals nowadays. A luxury before has now become a common trend maybe because of the stress level in many industries.
Among the most usual means is a road trip. With a reliable car, perfect destination and your family or friends, you can create a wonderful getaway or escape from the hassle of the city. There are also people who want to go solo. And with that, driving skill and of course a drivers license is a must.
Aside from enrolling to a driving school or asking someone to teach you how to drive, acquiring a student driver’s license is the first step on the ladder to drive your way to your travel destination.
Here are the easy steps on how to apply for a student drivers license.
You must be:
- 16 years old or above.
- Physically and mentally capable of driving a motor vehicle.
- Knowledgeable in speaking and writing Filipino and English language.
Gather the following documents before heading to the Land Transportation Office (LTO):
- Furnished application form. Check out this site. Download the form and print it.
- Photocopy of your NSO Birth Certificate with the official receipt attached. You also need to bring a photocopy of it.
- Medical certificate of your physical and mental health from a licensed physician.
Once you have the documents required, follow these easy steps:
- In the LTO, get your queue number and wait for your number to be announced.
- Once you heard your number, proceed to the evaluator counter and present your documents.
- After the verification of your documents, go to the next window for your photo and signature capturing.
- Head to the counter and pay the necessary fees. Do not forget to keep the official receipt.
- You would have to pay a total of 317.63 pesos (150 pesos for Student permit fee, 100 pesos for the application fee, computer fee of 67.63 pesos).
- Wait for your name to be called at the releasing window and show your official receipt for your license to be issued.
Read Also : HOW TO APPLY NON-PROFESSIONAL DRIVERS LICENSE
NOTES: If you have a student driver’s license, it is a must for you to be accompanied by someone who has a regular driver’s license whenever you drive.