Step by step process and requirements in Non-Professional Driver’s License application.
Driving is a very important skill. With the stress and hassle of commuting and riding the public transportation, it becomes an important ability. A lot of people opt to buy their own vehicle and learn how to drive than to venture into the disorganized flow of traffic, especially in the metro. That’s why the demand of driver’s license application has increased over the years. There have actually been issues about the license cards issuance that caused the delays, but recently, LTO said that it will finally be released.
READ ALSO : HOW TO GET YOUR STUDENT DRIVERS LICENSE
For those who are still planning to upgrade their Student Driver’s License to Non-Professional License, after 1 month you may do so. Here are the requirements and procedures you may follow, as also published on gov.ph.
- All applicants must be at least 18 years old.
- Mentally and physically prepared to drive.
- Has the ability to understand and communicate in written and oral English and Filipino.
- Smart casual attire sando, shorts, and slippers are not allowed.
- Furnished application form. Click this link to download the form.
- Student Driver’s License
- At least 15 days old or below medical certificate with official receipt attached
- Drug test with negative results
- TIN for employed applicants
- Written and practical examination results with passing rate. Those who fail will be allowed to apply after 1 year. Those who fail for three consecutive times, you will be allowed to apply again after 2 years.
Step by step process:
- Proceed to Land Transportation Office (LTO) and secure a queue number from the customer service window.
- When you see/hear your number is being called, present all the documentary requirements.
- After the evaluation of your documents, you will be directed to the area where your photo and electronic signature will be gathered.
- Proceed to the cashier to settle the application fee.
- You will be directed to the examination room for a short discussion and for the paper and pencil exam.
- If you pass, your will take the practical test.
- Go to the cashier to settle the payment required. Do not forget to ask for the official receipt.
Here is the schedule of fees.
|Fees and charges|
- You will be headed to the releasing window. Redeem your license card by showing your official receipt.
Note: Comment you’re experienced in getting your own drivers license.