Computer literacy is really important to succeed in life. It is such an advantage to have at least basic knowledge about computer and internet navigation. Besides, technology is everywhere these days and those who do not know computers will surely be left behind.
Fortunately, there are programs like the “Microsoft Tulay IT Training Program” which enables interested individuals to learn the skill. And what’s great about the program is that it is currently being offered for free not only to OFWs but even to their dependents.
The Tulay IT Program is being run by the Overseas Workers Welfare Administration – Region Welfare Office 1 (OWWA-RWO1).
READ ALSO : LIST OF TESDA COURSES OFFERED AND TRAININGS
Here are the details about Free Computer Course For OFWs:
Justin Paul Marbella, Labor Communications Officer, said that the free courses are open to the following:
- Overseas Filipino Workers (OFW) if they are available or on vacation.
- For married OFWs, their spouses and high school level children are allowed to enroll.
- Single OFWs, on the other hand, can enroll their parents and single siblings.
It is, however, required that an OFW is a registered member of OWWA before he or she, along with the dependents, can take advantage of the training program.
Applicants should submit the following documents:
- Proof of OWWA membership (including OWWA payment official receipt, OFW information sheet, passport with LAC stamp).
- Marriage certificate for OFW spouses.
- Birth certificate for OFW children, parents, or siblings.
3) Courses Offered
- Computer Fundamentals I (1 day)
- Computer Fundamentals II (3 days)
- Internet and World Wide Web Fundamentals (2 Days)
- Digital Media Fundamentals (2 Days)
- Web Design Fundamentals (2 Days)
- Word Processing Fundamentals (2 Days)
- Presentation Fundamentals (2 Days)
- Database Fundamentals (2 Days)
- Spreadsheet Fundamentals (2 Days)
4) Schedule and Venue
Classes are held every Monday to Friday, 9:00 am to 5:00 pm at:
IT Learning Center
OWWA Regional Welfare Office 1
2nd floor, Kenny Plaza Building
Quezon Avenue, San Fernando City, La Union
For additional information about these free computer courses, go get in touch with OWWA RWOI through the following:
- Mobile phone: 0927-620-7300, 0908-863-4250 and 0908-863-4300.
- E-mail: [email protected]
- Facebook page: www.facebook.com/owwa.launion