The Department of Labor and Employment (DOLE-7) has announced that they will be launching the One Stop Shop for Overseas Filipino Workers (OFWs) for the region this coming October 7, 2016 at 2:00 PM. The office will be located at the 2nd Floor of the Government Express Center, SM City Cebu, North Reclamation Area, Cebu City.
This, of course, is in response to the mandate of President Rodrigo Duterte who ordered Labor Secretary Silvestre Bello III to streamline government services for all OFWs. Exequiel Sarcauga, Regional Director of DOLE-7, said that the center will provide services for those currently looking for employment opportunities overseas.
Here are the agencies involved and the services they will be offering:
1. The Maritime Industry Authority (MARINA) will issue Seafarers’ Identification and Record Book (SIRB).
2. The Philippine Overseas Employment Administration (POEA) will offer the Balik-Manggagawa (BM) Online Processing and information dissemination on other programs and services.
3. The Overseas Workers Welfare Administration (OWWA) will offer OWWA membership processing and accommodate inquiries on their programs and services.
4. Technical Education and Skills Development Authority (TESDA) will provide assistance for onsite processing of applications for renewal of National Certificate (NC) or Certificate of Competency (COC). TESDA will also be disseminating Information, Education and Communication (IEC) materials and answer inquiries regarding Technical and Vocational Institutions (TVIs); Accredited Assessment Centers; and online Training Programs.
5. PAG-IBIG will assist in facilitating membership registration and membership verification.
6. Philippine Statistics Authority (PSA) will accept requests for and facilitate issuances of certificates on Birth, Death, Marriage, and Certificate of No Marriage (CENOMAR) in security paper.
7. Bureau of Immigration (BIR) will accommodate inquiries about overseas employment concerns and issue departure clearance.
8. National Bureau of Investigation (NBI) will process clearance for travel abroad purposes only.
9. Commission on Higher Education (CHED) will attend to requests for Certification, Authentication, and Verification (CAV) of academic records and documents.
10. Professional Regulation Commission (PRC) will welcome applications for Board Examinations; initial registration for new Board Examinations passers and Professional Identification Cards renewals.
11. Social Security System (SSS) will offer issuances of SSS number, accept employers’ reports of newly hired and additional employees, request for corrections, updating of members’ and employers’ data record, salary loans, maternity notification and reimbursements, screening and enrolment of UMID applications.SSS will also accommodate inquiries regarding membership, contributions, loans, benefits; and identification card status forms.
12. The Tourism Infrastructure and Enterprise Zone Authority (TIEZA) will provide Tax Exemption Certificate (TEC) and Reduced Travel Tax Certificate, receive Travel Tax Payments; process Travel Tax Refund and queries on Travel Tax.
Sarcauga invited the public and said:
“I encourage our customers, especially the OFWs to take advantage of the One-Stop Center for this is designed purposely to reduce their transportation expenses, shorten the processing time for their documents, and avail of relevant services in just one place.”