PLDT home wifi users ask how to change PLDT wifi password, now in this tutorial we will give the simple ways and easy to follow procedures in changing PLDT home dsl wifi password.
Changing the username and password of your PLDT Home DSL Wifi is essential for security reasons. But, not all subscribers know how to change their username and password. There are instances in which neighbors can easily access your wifi connection and this may cause slow internet.
Unauthorized device can access and connect to your wifi once they determine that your username is still in default including the password. Thus, to avoid it, the best thing to do is to change your username and password the soonest possible time.
Read Also: How to Boost Your WiFi Signal Using Aluminum Can and Foil
Steps on How to Change PLDT Home DSL WiFi Username
- Before starting, always make sure the Ethernet cable and your computer are in contact directly to the router. Change your username and disconnect all unauthorized devices from the router.
- Open the internet browser and proceed to the main page of PLDT at 192.168.1.1 .
- Input your router’s username and password. You may also try the default details:
Username: adminpldt or pltdtadmin
- Click the “Set-up” button in the admin page and click “Basic”.
- Under the “Wireless Basic Settings”, find the “SSID” field to change the name extension.
- After changing the name extension, hit the “Apply changes” button.
- Wait for the WLAN to restart.
- After restarting, a notification will appear on the left portion of the admin page “Attention Config is change to make it effective forever”. Click the “save” button so that all the changes made will saved.
Steps Steps on How to Change PLDT WiFi password
- At the “SETUP” menu, click on “Security”.
- Input your ne password at the “Pre-Shared Key” field and hit the “Apply Changes” button.
- WLAN will restart again, wait until it’s completed, then hit the “Save” button after the notification appear.
- Turn off the router and turn it on again to know if the changes made were saved.