There are instances when the actual date of departure is affected by the processing of the passport application. In lieu of the actual Philippine passport, a certified true copy can be requested. In below post, you read how to get Philippine Passport Certified True Copy.
Current passport owners can request for a Certified True Copy of the Philippine passport from the Department of Foreign Affairs. It is a legal document that you can use for other purposes like visa application.
This document is signed and approved by the counsel in-charge that’s why it is a notarized copy of the original passport. Likewise, the counsel oversees the entire processing of certifying the passport.
Philippine Passport Certified True Copy Requirements
If you will apply for the notarized copy of your passport, make sure to choose the DFA branch nearest to your place for your convenience. Before heading to the DFA branch make sure to prepare the following documents:
- Original passport
- Proof of Requirement for CTC of passport
The Department of Foreign Affairs requires the applicant valid reason of requesting for a certified copy of the original Philippine passport. Thus, if you will use the CTC for visa application, you should secure the corresponding form.
You may also read: Requirements and Procedures on How to Apply for Seaman’s Book
Procedure to Obtain the CTC or Philippine Passport Certified True Copy
The processing of your request for the certified true copy of the original passport would take your time. But, the process is straightforward provided that you have all the requirements.
- Ask assistance from the guard on duty as soon as you arrive at the DFA branch of your choice.
- Present the required documents for applying the CTC of passport. However, you should expect the required documents may vary depending on how the CTC will be used (business travel, educational programs, corporate tours, or other specialization programs).
- Submit the necessary documents for verification and it may take about 30 minutes.
- If there’s no problem with your documents, you can proceed to the payment section and pay Php100 for the processing fee.
- Present the receipt to the verifying officer.
To ensure easy processing of the passport true copy, you should apply ahead of time. Keep in mind that it takes about 10 days for the processing of the CTC. That’s why you should give ample time to ensure that you’ll get the copy on time. Likewise, you should also ensure to have the original documents photocopied before you head to the DFA office.