Being a police officer is a noble profession as you will be tasked to serve and protect people. But, the key to become one is to pass the entrance exam for the NAPOLCOM also known as the PNP Entrance Exam. The National Police Commission will confer the passers of the NAPOLCOM exam.
NAPOLCOM Exam Requirements and Basic Qualifications
The NAPOLCOM exam is given to all qualified Filipino citizens. Current Police Officer 1 who lacks the appropriate eligibility is also required to take and pass the exam. The applicant must not be over 30 years of age and holder of bachelor’s degree.
Police aspirants should still meet the height requirement to qualify for admission. For clarification purposes, the height requirement was removed only for the admission exam. But, it is still a requirement pursuant to RA 6975.
Schedule of filing of applications and examination date
The exam for the National Police Commission is on October 21, 2018. Interested applicants can file their application online from July 30 to August 3, 2018.
Be informed that applicants should follow the Online Examination Application Scheduling System (OLEASS). Otherwise, they will not be entertained to file the application without the confirmed schedule of appointment along with the reference number.
Guide to obtain a schedule of appointment
- Visit the official website of NAPOLCOM at napolcom.gov.ph and click the option for “Online Examination Application Scheduling System”. You can login to www.napolcom-oleass.com and provide the required information.
- Submit the duly accomplished application. A confirmation will prompt if the application is successful.
- Print the confirmation.
- An email containing the link will be sent if the applicant has confirmed schedule of appointment. A link contains the application form that you will present during the scheduled appointment date.
During the scheduled appointment, the applicant should appear personally at the NAPOLCOM Regional office. Bring all the requirements particularly the printed letter-reply that includes the reference number. Other requirements include the following:
- Duly accomplished NAPOLCOM Form 1-A and the Index Card.
- Must also bring two 1×1 colored photo with white background and name tag.
- Transcript of record (authenticated by CHED) and diploma issued by the CHED-accredited school.
- One legal size window envelope and Php20 mailing stamps.
- PSA-issued birth certificate.
- If the applicant is currently a PO1, he or she should submit the authenticated copy of Plantilla appointment, Attested Appointment, or Special Order.
You may also read: Nursing Board Exam Schedule 2018
NAPOLCOM Exam Coverage 2018
- General information – This subject area includes PNP Law and History, Current events, Criminal Justice System, Philippine Constitution and History.
- Quantitative reasoning – This includes Basic Concepts and Problem-solving Skills
- Verbal reasoning – The applicant should review about grammar, comprehension, and vocabulary.
- Logical reasoning – This includes verbal and non-verbal reasoning.
During the examination date, the applicant should bring the notice of admission, valid ID with signature and photo, pencil No.2, and wear white polo shirt or white tshirt, and dark pants as well as shoes.
The testing center is assigned automatically by the system. The testing center assignment depends on the home/permanent address given by the applicant.