The Philippine Bureau of Treasury is inviting investors to spend their money in retail treasury bonds or rTB. This is an excellent investment idea in which the investors can earn fixed income.
If you have a big amount of money in your bank account, why not try investing it in retail treasury bonds. You need not invest a fortune in RTB because for as low as Php5,000 you can open an account. The term of investment in RTB is 3 years and the investor can get back the principal amount of investment upon maturity.
If you’re interested to open an account in retail treasury bonds, read on this post.
Reservations for RTBs are accepted that’s why the slots are taken so quickly. To take advantage with this opportunity you should open an account the soonest possible time and here’s how to do it.
- Inquire from the Bureau of Treasury
The first thing to do if you want to invest in RTB is to inquire from the Bureau of Treasury for its availability. All you have to do is to visit the official website of the Bureau of Treasury. You can find posts about the RTB offerings.
You can also ask from commercial banks that are authorized by the Bureau for any upcoming RTB offering.
- Take note of the important details of RTB offerings
There are few important details that you should consider if you want to invest in RTB such as:
- Date – Opening an account in RTB involves a lot of documents and papers. That’s why it’s important to take note of the issue and re-issue dates. There’s also a possibility that you may transfer your money to another bank designated by the Bureau.
- Maturity – The term of maturity of RTB is 3, 5, 7, 10, 15, 20, and 25 years.
- Rate – Unlike other forms of investments (mutual funds, UITF, and stocks), retail treasury bonds aren’t only lower rates but also lower risk. Considering the rate of RTB that was 4.875% annually, an investor can earn big income for 3 years.
- Visit a designated RTB agent bank and open an account
As soon as you decide to open an RTB account and gather all the required documents, you can visit the agent bank authorized to issue RTB.
- Choose delivery options
Once you had open an RTB account in the Philippines, you should choose options on how the certificate will be delivered either through email, pick up or post.
You may read also:
Every quarter an investor will receive a fixed income from the interests and it continues until the maturity date of the RTB investment. The principal investment will be returned to the investor upon reaching the maturity date.
Leave a Reply