One thing you should know about applying for an Australian tourist visa is that it can be a quick process, thanks to the internet.
With this option, you wouldn’t have to make a personal visit just to submit documents. You can do the entire process right in the comfort of your own home. In some cases, visa applications have even been approved within 24 hours.
So how do you do it? Read on and we’ll guide you step by step.
First, get all the documents ready.
Gather all the required documents and be ready to scan them such as your:
* Passport (specifically the page that has your photo and passport information plus the pages that have stamps documenting your travel history)
* Birth certificate
* Bank certificate (your bank account should have an amount proportional to the number of days you are staying in Australia)
* Certificate of employment (If you are a freelancer, you can ask one from a regular client, indicating the amount you’ve earned from them)
* Income Tax Return (may no longer be required if your travel history proves you can fund your trip)
* Monthly pay slip
* Latest credit card statement
* Other supporting documents as required such as life insurance, documents, land titles, etc.
Second, go online.
With the scanned documents, now you’re ready to fill your tourist visa application.
Create an Immi Account on the online visa application system of Australian Government Department of Immigration and Border Protection.
After that, you can begin with your online application. Take note that you have 18 pages to complete. Check each page and make sure that you use correct information. Check your spellings as well.
The documents will be uploaded on the last part and again, review the pages before clicking the submit button.
After that, you will then have to pay the online visa application fee worth $135 (that’s around P5,000). Accepted payment modes include credit card, debit card, and Paypal.
After paying the fee, you will get an acknowledgment email that your application has been received.
Last but not the least, you have to wait for the result. An email will be sent to you, informing whether your visa application has been granted or rejected.
For some, the application process can last from a week to a month. It is, however, possible to have your application granted within 24 hours, as mentioned earlier if you have complete documents.