Avail free courses offered by TESDA for skills in demand abroad.
One of the reasons why Filipinos opt to work abroad is because they cannot find a job that would fit their acquired skills, education or trainings. Rarely, they find one, but the salary is not enough to sustain a family. The result is millions of Filipinos enduring the pain of being away to their families and adjusting to different cultures just to make sure they will have a brighter future. If you are really decided to go overseas and establish your career there, the first thing you need to accomplish is to get ample training. And if your budget is very limited, Technical Education and Skills Development Authority (TESDA) might help you.
In an article published on workabroad.ph, they provided a list of free online courses (through E-Learning Program) that anyone may avail which actually match the in-demand jobs abroad. High school graduates and those who were not able to finish college are may benefit from this plausible courses. Check these suggestions below:
- Information Technology – Media and Arts- If you are tech savvy, have an eye for designs and into computers, you may take Basic Computer Programming, Web Development, Software Development Fundamentals and 3D Animation courses. Web designers, 3D animators, system administrations and other computer related jobs are in demand in Saudi Arabia, Qatar and Malaysia.
- Hospitality – Food and Beverage- If you want to be in Hotel, Food and Beverage industry, you may enrol in Tourism, Housekeeping and Cookery courses. Housekeeping employees, restaurant crew, servers and hotel staff are needed in countries such as United Arab Emirates, Macau, Maldives and Oman.
- Agriculture- Plant growers and fruit pickers are actually in demand in Japan and New Zealand. Believe it or not, TESDA also offers free online courses in aid to these needs.
- Electronics – Engineering and Communication- TESDA has courses such as cell phone servicing and solar night light assembly, which can supply man power to the needs in Saudi Arabia and Kuwait.
- Automotive – Maintenance and Facilities- If you are interested in making sure that vehicles and cars are properly maintained and your hands are ready to be greased, you may take Diesel Engine, Automotive Battery Servicing and Heating, Ventilation and Air Condition courses. These types of jobs are needed in Qatar, Oman and Australia.
- Personal Care and Beauty– Staff in spas, nail artists and massage therapists are in demand in Bahrain, Singapore and Kuwait. You may choose on different online courses offered by TESDA in massage therapy and health and social services if you want to be in this industry.
Make sure you acquire the National Certificate because this will be the document your employer will be asking if you intend to work overseas.