Here is a list of OWWA benefits which are available for OFW members and the requirements for a claim.
Overseas Filipinos are considered to be the modern day heroes. Their sacrifice and contribution to the growth of our economy are remarkable. That is why the government has never stopped in providing assistance and aid so that their dreams of uplifting the status of their lives may be faster. One of the agencies that take care of them is the Overseas Workers Welfare Administration. Overseas Filipino Workers may register themselves as members via OWWA’s system or through POEA. They are also encouraged to be a member of this government institution for them to avail and enjoy the benefits.
One of the agencies that take care of them is the Overseas Workers Welfare Administration. Overseas Filipino Workers may register themselves as members via OWWA’s system or through POEA. They are also encouraged to be a member of this government institution for them to avail and enjoy the benefits.
Here is a list of the benefits that OWWA is offering:
- Members are entitled to a life insurance within their employment contract duration.
- Disability and Dismemberment- a member may receive cash assistance from P2, 000 to P50, 000 for partial disability; P100, 000 for permanent.
- Accidental death- a member is entitled of P200, 000 cash benefit.
- Death due to a natural cause- P100, 000 may be given to a member.
- P20, 000 burial cash assistance will be provided to the family of a member.
Here are the requirements you need to prepare to avail the benefits:
- Passport or Seaman’s Service Record Book.
- Certificate of OWWA Membership (It may be furnished from OWWA Membership Processing Center or MPC).
- OFW/Seaman’s oath
- Death certificate (Issued by the local civil registrar validated by Philippine Statistics Authority). (for death claim)
- Foreign Death Certificate for those who died outside the Philippines.
- Burial permit
- Official receipt or invoice (funeral expenses).
- Photo of claimant
- Marriage certificate/birth certificate(claimant, mother or father)/Certificate of no marriage
- Certificate of no marriage registration from the local civil registrar/baptismal certificate/affidavit of two witnesses (for the absence of birth certificate).
- Foreign or local medical certificate and accident report (for disability benefit).
Upon claiming, you need to present 2 of the following:
- Company ID
- Postal ID
- Driver’s License
- Original NBI clearance
- Senior citizen’s ID
READ : Other OWWA Benefits for OFWs