The easy and step by step process on how to apply for a Barangay Clearance.
Certain identification cards and documents are very much important in transactions both for government and private in the Philippines. Even in the applications for overseas work or business, there are important documents that need to prove your identity and citizenship. One of which is the certificate from the smallest government unit, the Barangay Clearance certificate. It may be presented as a secondary identification if you find it hard to secure a primary ID.
Also being featured on aplikante.info, here is the step by step process on how you may grab a Barangay Clearance:
- You need to gather there requirements first:
- 1 valid ID (government issued or company ID)
- Photocopy of a valid ID and a photocopy of a utility bill (for people who are new in the barangay or who don’t have records yet)
- 2×2 colored photo
- 30 pesos as a fee
- Go the barangay hall and give the documents you have gathered along with an accomplished application form.
- The information will then be encoded by the barangay staff because will serve as your record in the barangay. Proofread the information being supplied.
- The staff will also check if you have any deterrent records. If none, you may do the next steps.
- Your photo will be taken, or if your authorize representative will get it for you; he may present your photo to the staff.
- Next step will the settling of payment. The fee may vary from 30 to 50 pesos.
- After that, you just have to wait for the document to be printed and presto, you have your Barangay Clearance. Below is an example:
You may ask one of the staff from your barangay for any additional steps necessary.