Different acts are done by performers just to grab the attention of its audience. Just like this singer who died while performing on the stage.
JAKARTA, Indonesia – Irma Bule is an Indonesian singer who succumbed death after she was bitten by a King Cobra, which was supposed to be her props during her performance.
Last April 3, Sunday, Bule performed a song number in the village of Karawanf, West Jave, with a snake in her neck, just like her usual act. But according to witnesses, she accidentally step on the tail of king cobra and it resulted to the said biting.
The incident happened while Bule was singing her second song. She wasn’t able to notice the snake’s tale and step in it while singing resulting to a bite in her thigh.
She was immediately given anti-venom but she refused to take it and preferred to continue her performance instead.
After a couple of minutes, approximately 45 minutes, she started to vomit and had seizures. She then died afterwards.
Police authorities are still gathering for more details about the accident and will soon relate their version of the story.
Meanwhile, Lydia Apririasari, founder of Tulala Snake Research Center, said that stage performance accompanied by a snake is a common thing in Indonesia. But she strongly advised the public to use snake which are not venomous including, Elaphe flavolineata, Elaphe radiate and Gonyosoma oxychepala only of necessary. If not then it’s thoroughly advised to stop using these animals for performance.
Any animal, especially snakes, when threatened could bite people and their bites are totally very dangerous. Bule succumbed death for more or less 45 minutes because the bite was not close to her heart. A king cobra has the capability of killing people just in a matter of minutes of the bite is close to the heart.
WATCH the video of Irma Bule | video credit to Gado Gado / Youtube