Warts are small tumors primarily caused by HPV (Human Papillomaviruses). Warts vary in different forms such as flat warts, common warts, filiform warts, genital warts, periungual warts, and plantar warts. Treatment for warts depend on its form present in your body.
The first thing to do is removing all external irritants. Thoroughly wash the surface, limit shaving and rubbing. There are old misconception in which rubbing warts with alcohol will remove it easily. Here are some ways to get rid of warts using these home remedies.
1. Onion and Garlic
• Prepare half bulb of onion and at least 3 garlic cloves.
• Grate onion and garlic until very fine.
• Mix thoroughly the two vegetables and apply to the warts.
• Wrap the mixture so it can properly absorb through your warts.
• Have it for 40 minutes and repeat the whole process 4 to 5 times a day.
• This remedy is more effective if you add one teaspoon of vinegar to it.
2. Aloe Vera
• Extract the gel of the Aloe Vera and put it in a plaster.
• Securely cover the infected area.
• Have the mixture overnight then remove it in the morning. Repeat the procedure as many times as you want.
3. Salicylic Acid
• Wet the cotton ball and apply it in the infected area.
4. Apple Juice
• Apply apple juice to the warts every single day. Over time, the warts will slowly diminish.
5. Salt and horseradish juice
• Rashes caused by warts can be cured using salt and horseradish juice.
• Mix salt (1 teaspoon) and horseradish juice (2 tablespoon).
• Apply to the infected area and have it for 20-30 minutes.
• Wash with cold water and do it twice a day.
6. Hydrogen Peroxide
• Remove chronic facial warts using hydrogen peroxide.
• Soak a cotton ball and gently apply to the infected area.
• Have it for 1 to 3 hours then repeat the entire procedure twice a day.
• Grate the potato (with its peel).
• Mash potato on the warts and leave it there until it dries.
• Other option is through mixing the hydrogen peroxide and potatoes and using it to remove senile warts.
Warts are not just a serious problem but also degrades your self-confidence especially if it is situated in a visible part of your body. Nonetheless, these home remedies are very helpful especially if you don’t like to seek medical assistance and laser operations.