United Arab Emirates offers multiple work opportunities. Their natural gas reserves is considered as the 7th largest across the world. Because of that, more foreign nationals are entering the country to look for job opportunities. Despite their economic stability, working in UAE is not that easy since they are known for its strict implementation of their laws and regulations. If you are a foreign national working in UAE, you should comply with their Labour law to avoid termination of work and worst, imprisonment. In line with that, workers also have the right to claim for maltreatment and unfair conduct.
To avoid losing your job or being banned from entering and working in UAE, you should follow their Labour Law in accordance to Article 120. This list of things that can cause dismissal of work in UAE should be given more attention.
- False Identity and forged documents
- On probation or dismissed during probationary period
- Loss of materials owned by the employer
- Disobey rules and regulations in the workplace.
- Defaults of basic duties as a worker under a specified contract.
- Convicted of a crime against public morals.
- Reveals confidential information of the employer and the entire company.
- Under influence of narcotics and alcohol during office hours.
- Assaults workmates, employer and any one in the company during office hours.
- 20 non-successive absences from work within a year.
These 10 things will put you in a difficult situation when working in UAE. So to avoid uncertainties, follow the Labour law especially if you are a foreign worker.
READ ALSO: FILIPINOS IN UAE ADVISED TO AVOID JOB HUNTING WHILE USING TOURIST VISAS
UAE has three branches of court structure under the federal court system. There are certain punishment for criminal activities including Flogging (lashing or whipping), and Stoning. Minor punishment will be deportation or dismissal from work.
source : dubaiofw