Applying for a Schengen Visa can really be a little tricky. If you do not know how to do it right, you might easily get lost in the process.
Otherwise known as the Short Stay Visa, the Schengen Visa can be used for different countries including Austria, Belgium, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Iceland, Italy, Latvia, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, and Liechtenstein.
The following 26 countries are the members of the Schengen agreement.
– Czech Republic
– Swiss (not a European Union Member State)
Well if you’re planning to visit Italy soon, we’ll teach you how to secure a Schengen Visa for this blog entry.
Here are some documents that you should have beforehand:
- Old and valid passports (with a validity of at least 6 months)
- Photocopy of the bio and last page, visas, and immigration stamps on the passport
- Duly-accomplished application form with a 2×2 colored photo
- NSO Birth Certificate
- Bank certification
- Bank statements (for the past 6 months or 1 year)
- Travel itinerary
- Travel insurance
- Letter of introduction addressed to the Embassy
- Certificate of employment stating the leave of absence (if employed)
- Business licenses, permits, registrations, statements and ITR (if self-employed)
- NSO Marriage Certificate (if married)
- Visa processing and service fees
READ ALSO : HOW TO APPLY FOR A GENERAL VISIT UK VISA
Once you have the documents ready, you can get in touch with the Office of the Embassy of Italy in the Philippines via the following numbers:
PLDT/ Smart: 1-909-101-2200
Once you set up an appointment with them, submit your application at one of these centers:
3rd Floor, Allegro Center
2284 Chino Roces Extension
Barangay Magallanes, Makati City 1232
Unit 1004-B 10th Floor Keppel Center,
Samar Loop corner Cardinal Rosales Ave.,
Cebu Business Park, Cebu City
Be sure to be punctual when you pay them a visit. Typically, you should be there at least 30 minutes before your appointed time. Personal appearance is a must because you will be asked for a biometrics registration.
For additional information, you can visit http://via.ph/category/italy/