Thinking of studying in Greece? Well, there are certain requirements you need to meet in order to be allowed to study in the country. Whatever course you plan to enroll at, there are plenty of good choices when it comes to Greek-based educational institutions ranging from universities and colleges to everything else in between.
First and foremost, you need to submit an application at least two months before the expiration date of your entry visa. The application should include the following:
- Copy of passport with entry visa for studies
- Three colored photos
- Original copy of the certificate from an educational institution
- Documents of proof that the individual can shoulder the expenses for residence and studies (bank account, bank remittance, salary receipt, attestation from Greek Consul, etc)
- Insurance coverage for hospital treatment and medical care
- Health certificate issued by a Greek hospital
- 150 euro-fee for tax office
- A personal statement that includes the individual’s address in Greece
Once acquired, you need to remember that a residence permit for studies is valid for only a year. This means you need to renew it before it expires if you wish to further pursue your studies in the country.
Also, take note that the duration of your stay in Greece should not be more than the entire duration of your studies augmented by half. Of course, sufficient time is also granted for the foreigner to at least learn the Greek language.
When renewing your permit, you need to submit your applications two months before the expiration date. Except for the health certificate, the same documents mentioned above should be presented again.
As long as you follow these requirements, staying and studying in Greece should never be a problem. You will be able to complete your education and be more competitive in your chosen career field.