If your are an (Overseas Filipino Worker) OFW in Taiwan I pretty sure you are familiar about the Death Benefits of Labor Insurance. This benefit are given for those OFW who loss their love ones. See the requirements and some basic procedure on how to claim your Death Benefits of Labor Insurance.
In case you lose any of your parents, spouse or child you are qualified to receive a designated benefits. This Taiwan law for Filipino’s workers in Taiwan is your right.
Taiwan OFW Death Benefits Requirements
I. Documents coming from OFW’s in Taiwan
1. Passport – photocopy 3 sets of your passport – all pages
2. ARC – photocopy 3 sets
3. Special Power of Attorney
MECO- LABOR SECTION
1. Work/ Employment contract – 3 photocopies to be certified by MECO-Labor
II. Documents coming from the Philippines
(Secured from NSO-Manila and must be authenticated by the DFA and
1. Birth Certificate of Parent-Spouse-Child
2. Death Certificate of Parent-Spouse-Child
3. Birth Certificate of Claimant
4. Marriage Certificate of Claimant-Parent
Death Benefits of Labor Insurance Procedures
1. The documents indicate above must be authenticated and these documents will be sent to TECO-Manila. Verify in Taipei Economic and Cultural Office (TECO) if they will translate the documents in Chinese and authenticate.
2. After the verification, TECO-Manila will send the authenticated documents to Claimant (OFW)
3. The Claimant will submit the said documents to his/her Employer
4. The Employer will attach the submitted documents to the Labor Insurance Date of Claimant
5. Your employer will submit the complete documents to the Local Labor Bureau in area of assignment.
6. The death benefits will be approved and released to the Claimant after the lapse of a minimum of 15 days from submission of the application.
OFW Death Benefits Maximum Claims: Computation or Equivalent
Death of Parent-Spouse 3 months salary
Death of Child 2.5 months salary
Death of Child less than 12 years old 1.5 months salary
As OFW in Taiwan, we have the right to know this kind of things. Let other knows about it let share it.