Fact: Getting a job in Canada is not as difficult as it is with the Australia, Japan, United States, United Kingdom, and several other countries.
For this reason, a lot of Filipinos are setting their sights to secure employment in the country. Canada is a favorite for many because of its friendly policies and requirements when it comes to foreign workers.
Top Job Options in Canada
Here are some of the top jobs in Canada you can apply for:
- Hotel and restaurant-related jobs
- Construction workers
- Accounting staff
- Information Technology specialists
These are the commonly hired workers in the country but make no mistake about it, the country has a lot of other available positions, too. To explore your career options, you should look for those listed under skilled and low-skilled jobs.
How to Find a Canadian Employer
You have several ways to find a good employer in Canada.
- Ask for a referral. Do you have friends or relatives who are currently working in Canada? These people can be a valuable resource, particularly because they’re already in the country and they’ve probably built a network of contacts. You can ask them to give you referrals so you can find great employment opportunities.
- Apply at a direct hiring agency. There are probably some direct hiring agencies in your area that are affiliated with Canadian employers. They will even lend a helping hand in completing your requirements. Just make sure to look for a legit agency, though. Avoid illegal recruiters at all cost.
- Go online. You can also visit trusted websites such as JobBank.gc.ca, Monster.ca, and Workopolis.com. You may browse through their listings of available Canadian jobs.
As you search through these sources, you will surely find a good-paying job that matches your skills and allows you to be a better provider for your family.